Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Die to Self, Live for Christ

Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

I've had this verse memorized for decades.  I'm going through "Becoming a Woman of Faith" by Cynthia Heald...returning to it after 25 years!

The Bible Study question has us looking at four verses and describing the changed life of one who lives by faith.

For Galatians 2:20, it struck me - Living by faith in Christ, my old self has been crucified, killed.  My old self and fleshly desires no longer live as the driving force of my life, but Christ lives in me.

The life I live on earth, in this body, I am seeking to live by faith because of His love for me and Him giving up His life, so I could live - live in freedom in this life, live in right relationship with God, and live for eternity with Him!  So much to life in the living...

I was able to articulate this in a fresh way this morning: 

I have been crucified with Christ - I have died to my "self" and my old way of life

I live by faith.  I live by faith in Christ and the sacrificial work on the cross He did on my behalf.  I live by Christ and for Christ.

He was crucified so that I have something to live for when I die to my "self."  Dying to my "self" without replacing it with living "for" something of greater worth...is worthless.

LORD, help me see the ways I need to die to my "self" and how to live for You...how to live by faith and not by fleshly sight.  

Less self-centered anxiety, more trust in Your power.  

Less self-absorbed agenda, more trust in Your providence.  

Less selfish impatience and irritability, more trust in Your love and grace for me and thus the love and grace I can extend to others.     

Jesus, less or me and more of You.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment