Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sigh...The Sound of a Heavy Heart...

I miss not processing via writing in a more orderly fashion than my stream-of-consciousness journal and in a mode that could possibly minister to someone (of the whole 5-ish people who read my blog:)).

Life has been very full since I stopped posting regularly - had third baby, packed to move, moved, and now in the process of settling into the new city...house is mostly painted, pictures are finally on the wall, I even made good progress on the basement (22 boxes unpacked last week!) and yesterday hubby and I hit the garage - we can get to the cabinets now!

I went to church with a heavy heart this morning due to some unsettled feelings...and left with a heavier heart.  We are in the process of visiting four churches in the area - we are really drawn for one reason or another to each of them.  We were going to be elsewhere today, but ended up at one of the other churches we had already visited a few times because a friend of ours was guest preaching there.  At the close of the service we sat listening to the third loss they had had in the last 6 months.  When we visited a few months ago we were coming into the rawness of them losing an assistant pastor to moral unfaithfulness three weeks prior.  My heart is heavy for their losses and the hard transitions they are facing.  The sermon by today's guest pastor was unknowingly timely on Isaiah 36 & 37 - God is and will be King, enthroned, powerful, in control with a plan and purpose.  What a good reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment