Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Let It Go - Modified for Christ, Disclaimer

  
I have a 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter who have been captivated by “Frozen” (along with most of the country!)  Thanks to Grandma we own the movie and the soundtrack.  

And thus my musical kiddos with fabulous memories have most of the lyrics memorized.  So much so that now Mommy and Daddy can sing along with many of the songs because they have been sung so much!  We both will still often get teared up when we hear “Let it Go” or “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” 

These are powerful songs. 

They touch something deep in the soul.  Touch those wounded, broken places of the heart.  The places which long to be healed and long to be free.

So, to clarify, my modifications are not because I find something wrong with the original.  Part of why they are powerful is because they are good.

On a beautiful Autumn morning on the last Saturday of October in 2014, I was riding my road bike down the hill at the back of my neighborhood going 30 miles per hour.  Now some people love that rush.  However, I am a first born daughter with a bountiful supply of caution (much like Elsa) and prefer a little more control of my two tiny, narrow tires.

I left the house minutes before feeling burdened by the weight of anxiety – over the day’s schedule, over the out-of-control pile of paperwork, over marital tensions, over the unknowns of our foster care future…

And as I’m speeding down this hill, I think “let it go” and then I start to sing “Let it Go” and then I start to alter the words to align with my Christ-centered world view.  The rest of my 30 minute ride was spent worshipping God through “Let it Go.”  I was so excited to get home, find the original lyrics, and compile a full version that I can sing to the Lord and remind my way-ward heart when it is easy to be burdened by the weight of this world…Let it Go…My God is big enough anyway!

I am not musical nor a poet by nature.  The product of this was a result of the inspiration of The Holy Spirit and the reality that “Let it Go” has a message that speaks to the soul…that soul created by Christ Himself.  There wasn’t much that needed to be altered to make it a song appropriate to sing as worship to The King of Kings...because the song has so much Truth in it to begin with!  It's almost as if the original authors were Christians and changed a few things for Hollywood!?!

I hope this amateur piece blesses your soul and you are able to experience True Freedom and thus Freely Worship Your Big God!

No comments:

Post a Comment