Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Recent Inspiration

Two posts in one day...since I've missed so many weeks of postings, I guess...

Although we haven't settled on a church home, yet, since our move, God has been faithful to keep me close to Himself.

First off, probably due to the challenges of the transition, it has forced me to cling to Him.

I did much journaling and processing early in the move.  Then felt the need to dig more deeply into The Word.  I felt lead to study Galatians - a book I haven't spent much time in but have wanted to, specifically now because of the them of "freedom" that I feel God is wanting me to learn.  

I asked a new friend who also recently moved here and seemed like she would be one of those "true fellowship" sisters if she wanted to join me in studying Galatians.  God has provided sweet friendship, fellowship, partnership, and accountability through our relationship.  One way of staying connected to the Lord!

Visiting different churches has offered fresh opportunities to worship Jesus and connect with lots of neat people.

One church is having a women's study learning from Beth Moore's Proverbs study on Wisdom - rich stuff.  Good to inspire and challenge and seek the Lord!

That church also has a "Super Sunday" where they bring in quality speakers.  Last month was Christopher Yuan.  I read the book her wrote with his mom prior to going to his speaking engagement - "Out of a Far Country: A gay son's journey to God, a broken mother's journey to hope."  Powerful.

This month's speaker is Lynn Wilder.  I read her book this summer in anticipation of her coming to speak -  Unveiling Grace: The Story of how we found our way out of the Mormon Church.  Another inspirational story that reminds you of God's power, keeping me engaged with the reality of His presence. 

And most Sundays I have still gotten to rest and be refreshed and inspired while reading Ann Voskamp's blog: aholyexperience.com  A few Sundays ago I noticed on the sidebar a square that said: Tim Keller with Ann Voskamp in your city...now Tim Keller is another one of my favorite people (i.e. one of my favorite people whom I've never met:)) and to have the opportunity to hear them both from the same stage, I wanted to know more.  Turns out they were going to be the two National speakers along with a 3 person national panel broadcast in over 60 cities worldwide speaking on "advancing good in your community" through this event for Q-Commons (never heard of them!)  And my city would be one of those 60 cities!  At each city location they would also have 3 live local speakers.  How enticing...I ended up going last Thursday - a unique experience, once again uplifting to experience the universal Body of Christ coming together for a common cause.

So these are some ways God has been recently encouraging, inspiring, challenging me and teaching me to stay in step with His Spirit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment