Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not flesh and blood...

"For we do not battle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."  ~Ephesians 6:12

Spiritual Warfare

I am not pentecostal.  I do believe in spiritual warfare.  Because the bible says it's real and because I experience it.  Not in overt ways; in the subtleties of that crafty, cunning, deceitful Satan.  The one who steals, kills, and destroys.  The one who would strive to steal the joy that I've been so intently seeking to live out.  The one who hopes to kill God's Word being proclaim by whispering "who is really going to care about the things you say in a silly blog?"  The one who would attempt to destroy a marriage by tempting me to believe that frustration with my husband means he's the enemy I'm battling against.   This is the subtle scheme of Satan since Sunday, when I chose to respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and proclaim, "Lord, Let Me Learn!"  And I can choose to undiscerningly listen and be emotionally swayed or I can take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ (2 Cor. 10:5) and choose to believe the living active word of God (Heb. 4:12; 1 Pet. 1:23).  No, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10) (Parenthesis and italics mine).  And the lies of darkness are exposed by the light of Truth.  I'm not often aware of the invisible reality of spiritual warfare around me.  But today, even in the subtleties, thank you, LORD, for shining Your light. Thank You for allowing me to see the schemes of Satan and replace emotion with reality.  Satan throws circumstances at us in the effort to steal, kill, and destroy: You allow them, loving Father, to purify the genuineness of our faith.

1 comment:

  1. I think we're often too clouded by our own "stuff" to recognize spiritual warfare when we're the target. We're much better at recognizing when those we love are the target. I think this is because of the objectivity we have by not being our loved one's head. Anytime we're trying to honor the Lord, we're making ourselves a target. Even if no one reads "this silly blog," satan knows it's there, so of course he'd target you. Praise the Lord that He is ready for such an attack with Truth! :)

    ReplyDelete