Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Year of Selah - *Gratitude*

It was a full morning as DS turned 4!  French Toast, new watch, train track set up, get ready to go to the Children's Museum, play in the farm, in the pizza parlor, in the doctor's office, in the tunnels...and then to lunch next door at Noodles and Company.  It was after noon before I had my first Selah of the day - hmmm - how I'd like to grow in this habit so it happens more often than THAT...but thankful it happened nonetheless.


As I sat there at a slowed paced with a kid on each side, I was overwhelmed by GRATITUDE - I could afford the $16 for us to eat lunch in a restaurant where I didn't have to prepare the food or clean up afterward and could sit and enjoy my kids!  It was the Gift of Selah and the Gift of Gratitude in one!  And as I write this I realize the Gift of Joy is still elusive; I think because of the weight of all I have to get done before Father-In-Law moves in.


Hmmm...is it always the weight, the feeling of being overwhelmed that threatens to and downright does steal my joy?  And that's what it is - it is a feeling - as DH gently reminded me the other day..."Don't let the "Feeling Caboose" drive the train."  Why do I carry around such weights; do I really get overwhelmed regularly?



 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Jesus speaking in Matthew 11:28-30, NIV)


Yes, Rest, Pause, Selah...my soul cries out...LORD, please, Let Me Learn what this means!

1 comment:

  1. You have good things to say here, but the one that stands out to me is the one that mentions that you were able to EAT OUT with your kids! What a wonderful blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete