Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Monday, February 20, 2012

Like Mother, Like Son

As I was praying for DS4 tonight, he sat up in bed and said, "Mom, do you know where such and such clothes are?"  I can't remember what clothes he asked for specifically, but it was probably his red shorts and shirt because he has been obsessed with them, even though it's the middle of winter!  He's pretending to be a basketball player (our hometown team color is red.)  I say, that they are in the dirty hamper and he says, "Maybe I can wash them in the morning real quick and then dry them real quick!" 


This especially struck me as funny because when I was in 6th grade I got upset with my mom for washing something I didn't want her to wash because I wanted to wear it again.  My dad said, "If you're going to talk to your mother that way, you can do your own laundry."  And I have been ever since.

Now my son wasn't angry with me but it made me chuckle that we both were particular about our laundry and ready to take it into our own hands!

Not a real "spiritual" lesson, I don't think, but a cute story I wanted to record nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment