Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

40 Days of Surrender - Day 22

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 - To be Angry is to Murder

I was at the Teen Parents meeting tonight and I left feeling -

I don't know how I was feeling...all I know is that the questions were about: have you ever done anything you're ashamed of or regret, have you ever done anything that could make another person stop caring for you, have you ever turned your back on someone who loved you, has someone else ever done something bad that hurt you deeply, what is unconditional love - has anyone ever shown this kind of love to you, do you know how to love another person unconditionally?  Deep questions based on the intense movie "Blood Diamond" (for Plugged In Online's review click here).

And I had something to say for most of the questions...but I didn't.

To me, my answers seemed so weak compared to what these girls have experienced.  But my shame and pain are still very real to me.  And I came home thinking - not judgmentally about their sins, nor less guilty about my own - how their sin is as ugly as mine and mine is as offensive to our holy God as theirs.  Thank you, God, for another opportunity to level the playing field of sin in my perspective.  "For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it." (James 2:10)

More practice in surrendering my justification for sin...


For a list of all the daily lesson titles in the 40 Days of Surrender, in one place, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment