Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Otherwise our Hearts are all Other Colors

DH was singing  "Before There Was Time" to DS3 tonight.  He was talking through with him the words of the song.  When they got to the line that said, "You purchased me back from the dead, "  DH was explaining what it meant to purchase something.

Daddy: So, it was very expensive for God to purchase us back.  It cost Jesus' blood.
Son: Jesus' blood makes our hearts clean.
Daddy: Yes, it does.
Son: It makes them white.
Daddy: You're right.
Son: Otherwise, our hearts are all other colors.

Thank you, Sunday School and Children's Church!  He's learning something somewhere!!! (for these were not things we had specifically talked about at home yet).

If only he knew how right he was - my heart is usually swimming with some shade of ugly brown.  Ah, but God looks at me and sees me through His Son's blood scarred body and He sees WHITE, pure beautiful WHITE.  How unworthy we are - Come, LORD Jesus! - so we can live fully in the beauty of WHITE!


For other Little Learner Lessons, Click Here.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go to R. and R.! (I don't know if you're sharing names here or not.) I think that's a great little lesson. And that's a great FFH song, too!

    ReplyDelete