Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Thursday, November 10, 2011

40 Days of Surrender - Day 31

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - Surrender THE LOAD

I was feeling SO HEAVY this morning.  I was feeling the weight of the news we received last night: My mother in law's lung cancer is back for the 3rd time.  She's almost 72, it's stage three, it's inoperable, she's too weak for chemo, they meet with the doctor today to determine if her body can take any more radiation, the tumor is in her esophagus which inhibits eating.  She's lost 12 pounds in the last week; she is leaning toward not getting a feeding tube.  The number 6 months was given...my husband will most likely be losing his mother in the next year; and if she opts for no feeding tube, it'll be less than a month.  When do we go out (they live 1/2 a country away), how long do we stay, how do we explain this to DS3?  Will there be any reconciliation in DH's heart regarding his relationship with his mom?  HEAVY.

HEAVY: Prior to this news, I invited an 18 gal who on Tuesday just had her second baby in 12 months (they are 50 weeks apart) to stay with us for a week or so to get adjusted to two babies.  I'm waiting to hear back from her, but I'm guessing she's not going to take me up on our offer for help.  WEIGHTY.  Will she be here next week?  How will it affect things?  Will it be what I hope it is?  What if she says, "no" how do I keep reaching out to her.  LORD, how do I love her and minister to her as You would, not with band-aids - meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs?  HEAVY.

Surrender THE LOAD.


"Carry each other's burdens and in this way you fulfill the law of Christ."  Galatians 6:2


"Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."  Matt. 11:28




Ah, so am I supposed to help carry other's burdens and then hand them over to You, Christ?  Not carry the weight of the load myself.

Win - Win - Win Situation: The other person is not as burdened, I have fulfilled the law of Christ (and am not burdened b/c I have given it to Christ Himself), and Christ is not burdened for He is fulfilling His purpose in carrying our burdens (the burden of our sin, the burden of the effects of The Fall in our lives)!

Oh, but so hard to Surrender THE LOAD.  Teach me, O LORD to surrender for Your Glory!


For a list of all the daily lesson titles in the 40 Days of Surrender in one place, Click Here.

1 comment:

  1. That IS heaviness. I trust the Lord will give you wisdom about how to help carry the burdens of others and lean on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete