Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chart tool for Child's Anger


This chart idea was inspired by a friend of mine.  It helps give a visual (she has pictures drawn on hers for her pre-schooler) to train your child in how to put off sin and put on righteousness.  

Ginger Plowman teaches in her book "Don't Make Me Count To Three" that training your child in what he/she can do, rather than just giving them the instruction of what they can't do helps apply 1 Corinthians 10:13 by providing a way out in temptation.  (Knowing what TO DO when tempted to sin in anger).

Our chart looks like this:

"In your anger do not sin..."
Ephesians 4:26a (NIV)

WHEN I AM ANGRY:

I may NOT:
v Yell                                                
v Throw
v Fight (Hit or Kick)
v Force (Push or Pull)

   I MAY:
  •  Pray (for a right heart attitude)
  •  Play  (with something else)
  •  Read (until I calm down)
  •  Communicate (in a respectful voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment