Subtitle

Abide in Love ~ Abound in Thanksgiving ~ Work in Joy...
Live Fully ~ Suffer Rightly ~ Trust Deeply ~ Bless Truly!

LISTEN & LEARN:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths,
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalms 25:4,5

Sub Sub Title

LESSONS FOR A LEARNER

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

40 Days of Surrender - Day 9

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - Breath in the present presence of I AM

I got angry twice yesterday.

In the morning, I wanted to go for a run and got frustrated with my son because he was moving slowly and resisting me asking him to put on pants since it was chilly outside.

In the evening, as I was trying to get the house pulled together for my mom's arrival while simultaneously getting the kids ready for bed, my 18 month old daughter drew on the upholstery of my favorite pink chair with a blue dry erase marker.  (I am so sick of dry erase markers staining clothes!)  That was the straw that broke this camel's back - I got so overwhelmed, I fell to the floor and cried.  And then I realized I was just angry.  With a cry out to God, I stood up and figured I better attempt a rescue on the chair sooner rather than later.  (And remember, I have tried in vain with dry erase marker so many times!)  The thought came to me (Thank You, Holy Spirit) to use rubbing alcohol...and IT WORKED!  I made a big deal about it to my son, that God was so merciful to allow us to get it off the chair, even though the blue mark was still on sis's pajamas.

So, instead of being defeated by my sin, I want to be sanctified by it, so I wanted to process with the LORD through journaling this morning.  He helped me see that the first instance was an issue of my agenda being challenged.  And the second was me feeling out of control.  There it is - anger rising from pride --> me not having my agenda met and my not being in control!

This is such a pattern, LORD; what am I to do next time to respond in a more godly manner?

*"Take a deep breath in the present presence of I AM"

Sigh, yes, LORD.  That will help me realign my thoughts - from being caught up in my mind and emotions and being "made new in the attitude of my mind."  (Ephesians 4:22-24 - came across this verse during Scripture Memory review this morning, seemed so appropriate!)



For a list of all the daily lesson titles in the 40 Days of Surrender in one place, Click Here.

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson that feeling out-of-control can lead to sin. And how wise to use that experience to help RG reflect on God's mercy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete